[PC-BSD Support] help

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Mar 2 00:02:37 PST 2010

On 03/02/2010 09:49, Christian Baer wrote:
> Kris Moore schrieb:
>
>> Does that make a difference mark?
>
> There seems to be a bit of a problem with USB-HIDs under FreeBSD - at
> least we are not as far as Linux is. I have a Razor Copperhead[1] on one
> of my machines. Using it in Kombination with a Model-M causes slight
> problems because it isn't recognized as a mouse. This seems to be true
> for most mice that allow you to run macros, since they (also) identify
> themselves as keyboards.
>
> This also applies to PC-BSD 8 where the installer is designed to be used
> with a mouse.
>
> Linux (I've tried Ubuntu and Suse) gets that right without any help.
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>
> [1] Yeah, I know, it sucks, but that's not the issue here. :-)

The entire USB stack is brand new in FreeBSD 8, so I would imagine it'll
take a release or two to get all those things ironed out. If you or
anybody else run into USB devices which aren't identified properly,
please file a PR report with the BSD guys, or report it to the USB
mailing lists, so they can get it fixed up for 8.1 :)

http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

Thanks!