[PC-BSD Support] help

Christian Baer christian.baer at uni-dortmund.de
Tue Mar 2 01:49:09 PST 2010

Kris Moore schrieb:

> Does that make a difference mark?

There seems to be a bit of a problem with USB-HIDs under FreeBSD - at
least we are not as far as Linux is. I have a Razor Copperhead[1] on one
of my machines. Using it in Kombination with a Model-M causes slight
problems because it isn't recognized as a mouse. This seems to be true
for most mice that allow you to run macros, since they (also) identify
themselves as keyboards.

This also applies to PC-BSD 8 where the installer is designed to be used
with a mouse.

Linux (I've tried Ubuntu and Suse) gets that right without any help.

Regards,
Chris

[1] Yeah, I know, it sucks, but that's not the issue here. :-)

--
Ich kam.
Ich ging.