[PC-BSD Support] USB MS trackball

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Jan 5 13:27:37 PST 2010

On 01/05/2010 16:24, John Batistic wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:20:41 am Kris Moore wrote:
>> On 01/01/2010 21:07, John Batistic wrote:
>>> PC-BSD 7.1 is not detecting my MS trackball.
>>> It would appear from other postings that it should work.
>>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Is this USB or PS2 trackball?
>>
> It is USB
>
> !DSPAM:1,4b43ae3e20148257055578!

I'm guessing that the USB support in 7.x just doesn't recognize your
device right now. This may be fixed in 8.0, since the entire USB support
has been re-written and performs much better.  However, send me the
output of this command:

Unplug your usb device
Plug in it, and run "dmesg" do you see anything at the end about a new
u* device detected or anything?