[PC-BSD Support] lagg0 on PC-BSD 8.0 RC2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 23 09:00:57 PST 2010

On 02/22/2010 03:18, Mike Barnard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been running PC-BSD 8.0-RC for a while and upgraded to RC2. I am
> using a HP Compaq 6720s.
>
> one: my PC-BSD installation keeps on crashing and restarting by itself.
> There are no core files or a dump too trace back what happed.

I'm still investigating this issue, I'm not seeing any error flash by on
the console when it happens here either, so I'm unsure if its something
we've done, or an instability in FreeBSD 8.0 when running from a memory
file-system or something of the like.

> two: Is it possible to have the lagg0 interface function with one wireless
> and one wired both on different IP networks with different gateways? My
> wireless network only allows my wireless MAC address and has its own IP
> numbering and gateway. Currently, the lagg0 interface created in PC-BSD
> 8.0-RC2 uses the wired interface MAC address.

Looking through the manpage on "lagg" doesn't seem to indicate that it
supports that kind of setup that I can see. I don't think it switches
gateways on the fly like that, but it would be a cool thing if it did! :)