[PC-BSD Support] make buildworld and installworld

QT rdirective at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 00:27:20 PST 2010

Greetings,

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this question, but a search
of the forum did not yield a definitive answer.  How does one go about
upgrading the userland and kernel on PCBSD?  I'm running PCBSD 7.1.1 and
keep the source tree up-to-date with RELENG_7.  Instructions from Absolute
FreeBSD 2nd, said to

1/update source
2/make buildworld
3/make buildkernel
4/make installkernel
5/reset to single user
6/test to make sure new kernel works
7/mergemaster -p
8/if everything checks out
9/make installworld
10/mergemaster -iU

Long list to be exact.  #1 and #2 is easily done.  I've compiled from source
without error.  #3...well from what I understand, PCBSD kernel is a custom
job.  Where could I get this kernel build?  PCBSD source?  Once I have this
kernel build, I will attempt the rest of the steps.

Best,
Quyen