[PC-BSD Support] **PROBLEM** Install FreeBSD 8.0 RC2 AMD 64 re-ocurring issue

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 16 11:43:32 PST 2010

On 02/13/2010 23:38, Gregory Splitstoser wrote:

> The install still does not work on the following machine; this same error has come up with all of the PC-BSD 8.0 beta's:
>
> Acer : Aspire X3300
>
> When installing I get the following message:
>

> Checking for install image on: /dev/da1
>
> Unable to mount: /dev/da1
> Checking for install image on: /dev/cd0
>

> Unable to mount: /dev/cd0
> Checking for install image on: /dev/cd1
>

> Unable to mount: /dev/cd1
> Checking for install image on: /dev/cd2
>

> Unable to mount: /dev/cd2
> Checking for install image on: /dev/cd3
>

> Unable to mount: /dev/cd3
> Checking for install image on: /dev/acd0
> Unable to mount: /dev/acd0
> Checking for install image on: /dev/acd1
>
> Unable to mount: /dev/acd1
> Checking for install image on: /dev/acd2
>
> Unable to mount: /dev/acd2
> Checking for install image on: /dev/acd3
>
> Unable to mount: /dev/acd3
> Error mounting install image!!!
> Please report this problem to PC-BSD support!!
> ls: *cd*: No such file or directory
> Available devices are: da0
> da1
> Press ENTER to drop to shell. When finished, type in 'exit' to reboot.
>
> PLEASE NOTE: PC-BSD 7.1 Installs with no issues at all on this machine.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg

Greg,

This error indicates that the installer couldn't locate your DVD drive,
maybe a missing driver is causing the issue. What type of hardware is
this on? Do you know the motherboard model? Also, do you have any
options in your BIOS for SATA Enhanced mode? I've seen some cases where
the "Enhanced Mode" causes the driver to fail, and this error to occur.