[PC-BSD Support] 8.1 amd64 installer doesn't recognize win7 partitioning on SSD

V. T. Mueller vt at vorsprung-durch-denken.de
Sun Dec 12 14:01:51 PST 2010

Hello,

In order to set up a dual-boot environment on SSD hardware, I
installed w7 first for proper partition alignment.
The problem now is that I cannot install PC-BSD since it appears to be
unable to read the partition table.
This is odd since the w7 partitioning scheme is "basic" which means
it's MBR, not GPT or dynamic.

Any ideas how to get this fixed?

TIA,
vt