[PC-BSD Support] lagg0 on PC-BSD 8.0 RC2

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 06:34:46 PDT 2010

Hi Kris.

sorry for replying late, I was hibernating from all technology for a few
days.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> The lagg device only gets created if enabled in /etc/rc.conf. (The GUI tool
> creates those entries automatically)
>
> If you avoid the network manager GUI, you should be able to just remove the
> associated "lagg" entries in rc.conf and it won't show back up.

Unfortunately this is not the case. If I enable my wireless card (turn the
wireless switch to ON) and reboot with it in the ON position, the lagg0
interface is created. If i boot with it in the OFF position, the lagg
interface is not created. This is what was puzzling me. I have checked the
startup scripts for where it is created and found nothing that creates this.
As mentioned before, I disabled the enabling of the lagg interface in
devd.conf.

The only script I find that creates the lagg0 interface is
/PCBSD/pc-sysinstall/backend/functions-networking.sh.

thanks.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.