[PC-BSD Support] automake, Canon software, etc

Rob Hurle rob1940 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 19:06:16 PDT 2010

Thanks Dru,

  I haven't actually bought the printer yet - this is a replacement
for the disgusting HP 2605dn - and I'm trying to make sure that it
will work with PCBSD before I shell out the $$.  If you reckon that a
PPD file is all that's necessary, then that is great, because it's all
part of the package downloadable from Canon.

  I'm still puzzled about automake and autoconf.  When I do a make of
either of them from /usr/ports/devel, then the system says that they
are up-to-date, yet they are only in the K3B package.  I don't
understand that.

  Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Rob Hurle