[PC-BSD Support] Problem post install

Jean-Paul Faessen toran.korshnah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 08:36:42 PDT 2010

Hi,
I run FREEBSD8 (or better, try to) on an AMD 5000+ 64 bit HP Pavillon
7760be..
During install I had to select packages, which I did, but the respons was
there were no packages to extract.
I also had to modify the Auto Setup of the partitions, as my swap was only
4000MB.
After bringing my swap to 8000MB I was left with 284GB on my disk, which I
defined as /usr.
I was told the /usr was to big, so I had to reduce to 280GB before the
installer accepted.

Problem is when the install was finished I had to login.
This was followed by a screen telling about security.
At the command line I typed startx.
statx was not recognised.

What did I wrong?

At this instance back to PC-BSD.