[PC-BSD Support] Help with installation (dualboot windows xp, pc-bsd replacing linux)

Jermia zhjermia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 21:58:54 PDT 2009

Hi, Kris,

I use LCD.
That's great. It worked good with 1024x768. I feel I'd like pc-bsd. I don't
know much about bsd yet, so this is just a personal feeling after installing
it the first time. I feel I can start working with it right away, while
climbing the learning curve.
If we're thinking a little bit about linux (not to criticize in a bad way),
I feel that it's a very customizable OS, until a point that it's only used
by computer geek or someone who like to play with customizing their
computer. Not for one who likes to work (produce something) using their
computer. You need to spend time to configure at least few things -- if not
all -- to start working with linux. However, I also do think that it's a
good OS too for those who understand, or have customer support/technician on
hands.

More questions:
1. I don't see wine for 64 bit in the pbidir. I tried download the 32bit
version, and launch it, but nothing happened. Does that mean I can't use
wine in my 64bit pc-bsd?
2. Opera was very slow compared to konqueror, so I uninstalled it. Does
someone here has same experience?
3. Fonts in konqueror and opera was ugly. It was not smooth; something like
dashed line or rough line (I don't know how to describe it). How to change
it?
4. Can I install 32bit pc-bsd on my AMD64 computer, with 2GB of memory ?

Thanks Kris and others.

Jermia.Zh