[PC-BSD Support] PC-BSD 7.1 install

Alan McInroy bigamcinroy at q.com
Wed May 27 21:44:55 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I am using PC-BSD 7.0 and love it! When I read that 7.1 was available I
downloaded it immediately and couldn't wait to try it out. The upgrade
sounds easy, just reboot and choose upgrade.

When I do this it goes well until the point where it says "checking
integrity of the installer this may take a few minutes" At this point my
monitor goes to auto config then blank black screen. The monitor doesn't
power off, but no image.

It sounds to me like my disc is no good. I did try downloading another
copy from a different mirror. (the cd's not the dvd) This gave me the
same results.

My system is as follows: Gateway E-2000 Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz., 1 Gb RAM,
Integrated intel graphics(64mb)

Any other possibilities? Or should I try another download?

Thank you,
Alan