[PC-BSD Support] IPFW and PF firewall enabled

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed May 13 12:03:23 PDT 2009

santiagom at cybertech.com.ar wrote:

> I sow that PCBSD-7.1 default installation has both pf and ipfw firewall
> enable.
> I don't see any reason to do this. I’m missing
> something or just someone forgot to disable one on them.
> Thanks.
> Santiago

We used to just default to "pf" being enabled, however we ran across a
few software packages which required ipfw to  function, and decided to
just build it, and leave it open by default. However, this will probably
change with PC-BSD 8.0. Any apps which rely on ipfw will need to be
updated to use PF by then :)