[PC-BSD Support] FAILURE_INQUIRY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST error on install

Daemon Shaman misanthropical.luddite at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:03:08 PST 2009

I have reviewed the other posts on this issue and I don't see any
resolution or recommendations for actions to take. I am trying to
install PCBSD onto my Toshiba Satellite A215-S4807 laptop (specs
provided below). Vista is already installed - I have created a 20 gig
primary partition on the internal hd where I intended to install PCBSD.
I downloaded and burned the DVD "PCBSD7.0.2-x64-DVD". During install I
receive the following error:

acd0: FAILURE_INQUIRY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x0x ..... (same as
other posts) (if someone could tell me how I save/dump the information
that flies by on the screen while installing please - I'm a noob to BSD)

I have read the other threads regarding this issue and to me it's seems
the issue is still open. I would be forever grateful for any insight or
actions to take. I have done the following: verified the d/l'ed images
checksum prior to burning and tried installing with ACPI disabled. FWIW
I tried to install FreeBSD 7.1 about a month ago and it failed w/ an
similar error but was unable to find any resolution in the FreeBSD
community (disabling ACPI didn't help).

*Processor and Chipset:*
• AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL56
• AMD M690V
*Memory:*
Configured with 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM (both memory slots may be
occupied). Maximum capacity 4096MB
*Hard Disk Drive:*
160GB (5400RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive
*Fixed Optical Disk Drive:*
DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive supporting 11 formats
Maximum speed and compatibility: CD-ROM (24x), CD-R (24x),
CD-RW (16x), DVD-ROM (8x), DVD-R (Single Layer, (8x)),
DVD-R (Double Layer, (4x)), DVD-RW (4x), DVD+R (Single
Layer, (8x)), DVD+R (Double Layer, (4x)), DVD+RW (4x), DVDRAM
(5x)
*Display:*
15.4” diagonal widescreen TruBrite®TFT LCD display at 1280x800
native resolution (WXGA)
Native support for 720p content
*Graphics:*
ATI Radeon® X1200 128MB-319MB dynamically allocated shared
graphics memory

Thank you.