[PC-BSD Support] FreeBSD/PC-BSD laptop HW

Kayven Riese kayvey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:15:38 PDT 2009

I have been running FreeBSD for a few years and I have 1634 pictures
documenting that mess

http://www.monkeyview.net/id/965/fsck/index.vhtml

No need to go too deeply into that.  Anyway.. it's just about time to get a
new laptop, I think, and I am planning to buy a second HD to run a UNIX
(unless somebody convinces me that performance of Wine is adequate, I
suppose), and I have decided to switch from FreeBSD to PC-BSD as I have been
advised (some time ago, I am a stubborn Taurus).  I am subscribed to some
FreeBSD lists, and have been noticing this thread:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=17648+0+archive/2009/freebsd-mobile/20090419.freebsd-mobile

I posted a reply there, with no results yet, but it is seeming like the
answer to the question of whether the same HW would be appropriate for both
PC-BSD and FreeBSD is, yes, use the same HW, but I am hoping for a reply
here, as I am  not being OT now.

Thanks in advance, for the time of day.

 Kayven Riese, BSCS,
                     MS  (Physiology and Biophysics)