[PC-BSD Support] Installing the warden and its inmates

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Apr 6 08:06:24 PDT 2009

USM Bish wrote:
> Kris Moore wrote:
>  >
>  > In the gui, simply right-click the  jail you want to use and
>  > select "install inmate". It'll ask  you for the .wit file at
>  > that point.
>  >

> Thanks  Kris, this  did it.  Looks  silly to  have spent  time
> trying to find out as to how to proceed. This ".wdn" thing put
> me off track,  otherwise would have experimented  with a right
> click. I am not very GUI saavy :-(
>
> How  do I  do  it from  the  command  line ?  I  am much  more
> comfortable from  the console  rather than this  GUI approach,
> where I really cannot make out what is going on !
>
> Where can the docs for jails/ wardens/ inmates be found ?
>
> Thanks again ...
>
> Bish

Bish,

There should be a "warden" command you can run via the CLI, and you can
run "warden menu" to bring up a small dialog-based menu system as well.
You can run "warden" by itself for a listing of commands, and then
"warden help <command>" for more specific information. As for docs, its
still on my todo list, I plan on adding them to wiki.pcbsd.org over the
summer :)