[PC-BSD Support] disappering symlinks

cynique cynique.nada at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 22:51:47 PDT 2009

thank you both for answers.

i didn't reboot the box after the installation. for reboots i have my
windows desktop box -)

Kris Moore wrote:
> We don't ship any scripts that monkey with the various symlinks here. My guess would be that some 3rd party program is removing them. What did you install via ports on this system?

i'm aware of that and i don't want to blame pcbsd. i doubt it has
something in common with default installation. why would you somewhere
in the system remove symlinks that are needed for proper working? that
would be silly.

i have installed tons of ports - i have openvpn/openssh, samba,
pure-ftpd, squid, several jails with apache/mysql/php and for boinc and
similar stuph. then i use the machine as a torrent downloader, mail and
im client (alpine, centerim). everything in cli, i use no gui. 'pkg_info
 | wc -l' gives 765 packages, i can list them all, if it might help. my
initial idea was it's because of a hacker attack but after network
disconnect and some offline checks i think that it's not this case.

anyway i was just hoping someone had this issue before.

petr