[PC-BSD Support] Bug inside the installation process, FDISK related.

sdavtaker at gmail.com sdavtaker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 19:05:07 PST 2008

Im using it right now and cant reinstall until next weekend, anyway
here is the working hd layout. (the one i sliced with win fdisk).

root at pcbsd# fdisk /dev/ad0
******* Working on device /dev/ad0 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=969021 heads=16 sectors/track=63 (1008 blks/cyl)

Figures below won't work with BIOS for partitions not in cyl 1
parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=969021 heads=16 sectors/track=63 (1008 blks/cyl)

Media sector size is 512
Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 1 is:
sysid 7 (0x07),(OS/2 HPFS, NTFS, QNX-2 (16 bit) or Advanced UNIX)
    start 2048, size 767051768 (374536 Meg), flag 0
        beg: cyl 0/ head 32/ sector 33;
        end: cyl 1023/ head 254/ sector 63
The data for partition 2 is:
sysid 165 (0xa5),(FreeBSD/NetBSD/386BSD)
    start 767053854, size 209714274 (102399 Meg), flag 80 (active)
        beg: cyl 134/ head 2/ sector 1;
        end: cyl 311/ head 15/ sector 63
The data for partition 3 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 4 is:
<UNUSED>

Hope it helps, i will send futher info at weekend.
Sdav

--
Sdävtaker prays to Rikku goddess for a good treasure.