[PC-BSD Support] Bug inside the installation process, FDISK related.

Sdävtaker sdavtaker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 10:04:47 PST 2008

Hello,
Please forgive my precary english, it is not my main language.
I was trying the fibonacci yesterday and i found a little bug in the
installation program.
I installed it in 2 different machines, one selected to install full
HD with PCBSD. It successed installation.
After that i tried to install it in one PC with MSWV, (here starts the problems)
I got a 465GB SATA2 HD in that one, i reduced the WV slice to 365GB
and left empty 100GB for PCBSD at HD end.
Started installation, selected all default options, and when copying
the files it says all files failed to been writen and at 56%
installation proposes to reboot after fail the installation.
After retry a few times, validate de image and the files I created the
secondary slice /dev/ad0s2 in WV and installed PCBSD in that secondary
slice created by WV and it success the installation, I think the FDISK
used in PCBSD is not capable of understand big disks (half tera).
Hope the report helps.
See ya.
Sdav

--
Sdävtaker prays to Rikku goddess for a good treasure.