[PC-BSD Support] Problem running an update

Arthur Barlow arthurbarlow at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 25 16:04:11 PDT 2008

I'm new to PCBSD, but I have used FreeBSD for a few years.  When I
initially installed the new Fibonacci series I decided to use disk
slices as this is what I was used to with FreeBSD.  However, on the
latest system update I get a message that says I do not have enough
space to install update.  Originally, I made the root slice only 500M
as that had always served me well before.  My /usr slice is 30G and
my /var is 3G.  Any suggestions as to whether the install can use a
different slice than the root directory?