[PC-BSD Support] PCBSD 7 Installation Hangs

Vivin Suresh Paliath vivin.paliath at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:07:37 PDT 2008

I'm trying to install PCBSD on my machine. The CD boots fine, but during
probe, it hangs at this point (I don't remember the exact message, but it's
something like this):

md0: image mounted at /boot/mfsroot (and some numbers; a number of bytes
followed by an address).

It hangs at that point and doesn't go any further. I checked the md5 sums
before I burned the CD, and they match.

My system attributes are:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU @ 2.4 Ghz
Intel D875BZLK Motherboard
nVidia GeForce FX 5600

I appreciate any help!

Ruin untold;
And thine own sadness,
Sing in the grass,
When eve has forgot, that no more hear common things that gleam and pass;
But seek alone to lip, sad Rose of love and ruin untold;
And thine own mother
Can know it as I know
More than another
What makes your own sadness,