[PC-BSD Support] PCBSD 7 Installation Hangs

Vivin Suresh Paliath vivin.paliath at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:07:37 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to install PCBSD on my machine. The CD boots fine, but during
probe, it hangs at this point (I don't remember the exact message, but it's
something like this):

md0: image mounted at /boot/mfsroot (and some numbers; a number of bytes
followed by an address).

It hangs at that point and doesn't go any further. I checked the md5 sums
before I burned the CD, and they match.

My system attributes are:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU @ 2.4 Ghz
1GB RAM