[PC-BSD Support] System updates

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Oct 15 05:58:06 PDT 2008

Arthur Barlow wrote:
> I'm new to PCBSD, but I have use FreeBSD for a few years.  I decided I
> wanted to try it see what Kris was able to "wrap" in easy-to-use
> packages.  It's great.  But I've run into the first thing to confuse
> me.  The "system update" flag comes up in the tray and when I double
> click it a dialog box pops up that shows three system updates.  I
> choose the "select all" button and then select "Install selected
> packages."  But, then I get a message saying that the "file already
> exists", and a dialog box that allows me to rename the file.  I do
> that, but then the dialog clears, and the next time the update manager
> runs, it says I still need to install the same three packages.  What
> am I doing wrong?
>
> !DSPAM:1,48f53e7864187500783701!

Thats a bug in the system updater :( I've fixed it, but you'll have to
manually remove a file first to download the fixed system updater.

(as root)
# rm /PCBSD/tmp/*

Now run the updater, and only apply the system-updater patch this time
first, and restart the updater program. It should be fixed the next time
you apply patches.