[PC-BSD Support] System updates

Arthur Barlow arthurbarlow at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 14 17:44:07 PDT 2008

I'm new to PCBSD, but I have use FreeBSD for a few years.  I decided I
wanted to try it see what Kris was able to "wrap" in easy-to-use
packages.  It's great.  But I've run into the first thing to confuse
me.  The "system update" flag comes up in the tray and when I double
click it a dialog box pops up that shows three system updates.  I
choose the "select all" button and then select "Install selected
packages."  But, then I get a message saying that the "file already
exists", and a dialog box that allows me to rename the file.  I do
that, but then the dialog clears, and the next time the update manager
runs, it says I still need to install the same three packages.  What
am I doing wrong?