[PC-BSD Support] PAMP

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Nov 12 07:20:47 PST 2008

Frank Tavenner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found this post on the PCBSD forum.
>
> Web servers
> Some developers need the LAMP stack, known as PAMP
> <http://www.pbidir.com/search.php?str=PAMP>  on PC-BSD (PC-BSD, Apache,
> MySQL & PHP). You can install the PAMP stack in just a few clicks and
> have a fully working environment in less than a minute. For those who
> don't need such features, you can install only Apache
> <http://www.pbidir.com/search.php?str=apache>  itself, or the
> lightening-fast lighttpd <http://www.pbidir.com/search.php?str=lighttpd>
> web server. In both cases you're asked a few questions during
> installation:
>
> *	Support for multi-users (virtual hosts)
> *	Location of document root
> *	Launch at system boot
>
> When you're done installing your web server, just access
> http://localhost <http://localhost> :
>

> I clicked on the link but it wasn't there, does anyone know if this is
> available?
>
> Regards,
>
> Franko

Franko,

That PBI / package was originally for PC-BSD 1.2 if I remember, and I
have it on my list to recreate it here soon for 7.x. However, the new
AMP stack, will instead work with "The Warden", which means you will be
able to install it into "Warden" managed Jails with just a few clicks.
This provides extra layers of security, and also will give you the
advantage of being able to run multiple AMP stacks on the same system :)

If you want to get a head start on it though, go ahead and grab a copy
of "The Warden" from here:

http://www.pbidir.com/bt/pbi/128/the_warden

Then you'll just need to make sure you have the ports tree installed,
and then use the warden to create a new jail. Once the jail is running,
you can simply ssh into it, and run "make install" in
/usr/ports/www/apache22 or whichever ports you want to add, just as you
would on a FreeBSD system.