[PC-BSD Support] PCBSD 1.5.1 kernel panic

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Fri May 23 08:30:17 PDT 2008

> Sam,
>
> I don't have a way at the moment for you to roll your own ISO / set of
> PC-BSD. However can you boot the install CD into single user mode also, then
> disable usbd in rc.conf, and continue booting to the installer? That may
> help you get around this crash, and at least get the system installed. Once
> the system is up, then you can patch / re-roll the kernel any way you need.

well FreeBSD 6.3  boots with usbd enabled, after a fresh csup and recompile
of generic. so I was wondering is there going to be a PC-BSD 1.5.2 in the
future?

and I will try the single user mode idea, that is how I got around 6.3 to
disable usbd in the first place, I just have to figure out how to disable
usbd without rebooting. the method I used before was comment it out of
rc.conf and reboot,then it worked. so I was able to csup and compile, I
actually added the debugger to the kernel me and John Hixson were going to
debug the problem, then it just happened to work.

Sam Fourman Jr.