[PC-BSD Support] PCBSD 1.5.1 kernel panic

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Thu May 22 19:56:51 PDT 2008

Hello Support,

I have a new computer built with a foxcon motherboard
see a FreeBSD 6.3 Stable (as of 5-13-2008) dmesg here
http://www.puffybsd.com/pcbsd/6.3.txt

when I try to install PCBSD 1.5.1 I get a kernel panic when usbd loads see a
Digital camera pic here
http://www.puffybsd.com/pcbsd/00005.jpg

I noticed that FreeBSD 6.3 Stable fresh install panics as well. if I boot
into single user mode and disable usbd
it boots fine, I csup'd the latest source tree for 6.3 and re enabled usbd
and  everything works.

so my question is, how do I roll a updated  install CD set , as I have  just
built 4 of these computers
all needing PC-BSD / Wine. is there a step by step HOW-TO, somewhere that in
the end will produce iso files
that I can burn to a CD.

Thank you for your help

Sam Fourman Jr.