[PC-BSD Support] Kamera not working in PC-BSD 1.5

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Mar 21 04:54:46 PST 2008

Jeff,

I've not personally played with Kamera yet, so I can't vouch for its
effectiveness. That being said, if you built the port, it should work
just as well on PC-BSD as it would building the system from scratch out
of ports also, we're not doing anything crazy to the base system, its
just vanilla FreeBSD under there. ;)

Have you tried grabbing the digiKam PBI?

http://www.pbidir.com/bt/pbi/97

I've played with that one a bit, and it was able to import photos from
my wife's digital camera just fine. It apparently uses libgphoto also,
so hopefully it would work "out of box" with your camera as well.

I will take a look at the Kamera port though, and see if we can fix /
include it in a future release or update down the road.

Glad to have you running the OS! We need more FreeBSD devs to start
using BSD on the desktop, so we can bug you guys about fixing system
things :)