[PC-BSD Support] PCBSD 1.4.1 Installation & Setup

Terry Sposato tezza at sucked-in.com
Tue Jan 22 16:33:09 PST 2008

Hi,

I just recently installed PC-BSD 1.4.1 from CD onto my Asus M6R
laptop. The installation went fine, upon reboot though, my laptop
boots up until the part where it tried to detect my monitor and boot
into KDE, when the whole laptop freezes and it can only be recovered
from a hard reboot. Any of the options, including safe mode, and acpi
disabled etc. from the start don't change this.

Is there anyway that I can get around this problem? I believe it is
most likely something to do with the xorg.conf file. This laptop has a
problem when 3d is enabled that it just turns off because of an
incorrect BIOS implementation I believe.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Terry Sposato
tezza at sucked-in.com