[PC-BSD Support] Root password issue

Vincent FAUQUEZ vincent.fauquez at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:56:06 PST 2008

Hi

Ive just installed PCBSD 1.4 on my gateway old laptop ( Celeron 500 mHz).

I have two problems,

First
My root password wrote during the install dont work when the system is
up under my user.

Can you tell me how to reset it ? i try to boot in single user mode
end re enter my root passwd but i have an error message.

I think my numlock LED must be activated when i wrote the passwd during install.

Second :

My video card is working but only in 800x600 so PCBSD is not very nice
on the screen and i dont have the option to change in 1024. I will try
to find my video card parameters to know if it is a bad configuration
or a bug.

Thanks if you can wrote me back at vincent.fauquez at free.fr or on this adress.

Thanks a lot by advance.

Best regards,