[PC-BSD Support] artsdsp & Flash player

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Dec 8 11:00:28 PST 2008

John Andrewartha wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am running the current version of PCBSD (7.01) and am having trouble
> getting the flash player to work with arts.
> The context is I will be using the machine for Flash video and audio
> conferencing, microphone audio is none functional.   All ears no mouth.
>
> Google has offered no clues or the KDE docs and faq.
>
> Cheers John
>
> !DSPAM:1,493bd9af19889586914842!

John,

First of all, can you confirm that the microphone is working on the
system at all? If you open up any other apps, such as skype, can you
record anything from the mic?

As for the flash microphone support, I think if the regular mic is
working, it should as well, just as skype does. I assume you've checked
the kmix setup, and made sure that microphone / recording isn't muted?