[PC-BSD Support] Sound card

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Dec 1 06:57:29 PST 2008

Alan Coombs wrote:

> Dear Sirs:
>
> I just installed PS-BSD 7.0.1.  It was
> unable to find either a pci sound card of the sound "card" build t into
> the motherboard. PC-BSD 1.5 was able to see these cards right
> out-of-the-box.  I hope this info is of help to you. Keep up the good
> work.
> Thanks,
> Alan

> Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack now.
> hthttp://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119642558/direct/01/
>
> !DSPAM:1,4933078819881673354434!

> !DSPAM:1,4933078819881673354434!

Alan,

Thanks for the diagnostic file. I've updated our soundcards.xml file
with your particular card. If this system is connected to the net, go
ahead and reboot and it should fetch the latest file and load your
sound-driver. If not, you can fetch the file manually here:

http://updates.pcbsd.org/soundcards.xml

Then place it in /PCBSD/soundDetect/ and reboot. Does that fix the issue?