[PC-BSD Support] ndis not working with bcmw5l_sys.ko

Linux sqlpython at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 7 23:56:53 PDT 2008

Kris
 I managed to get the ndis to connect.
Apparently, I mistyped my ssid. ALthough it will periodically drop the signal on either or the two WiFi routers.
This leads to another problem. The ndis is set to DHCP and so when you choose to Configure NDIS you can SCAN the for WIFI networks in the area. Nothing ever shows up although there are three within the area CLOSE.
So, as the scanning features is not working I must type in the ndis configure the ssid which I am near to reconnect. Don't we have a utility that can see Wifi Networks like KwifiManager or WireLessManager or Knetworkmanager or anything.
 Isn' t there a method to use a GUI and check FreeBSD ports for such utilities?

Thanks..getting there One Step at a Time.

Bob