[PC-BSD Support] problems playing dvd and cd media

the kneeling fool kneel.pardoe at virgin.net
Tue Oct 30 09:44:05 PST 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007, Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
> On Tue, October 30, 2007 11:10 am, Kris Moore wrote:
> > If memory serves me right, they are available here:
> >
> > http://pbis.in/
>
> The same PBIs are on TPB also, but double-check this is
> legal in your country first.

Hi Charles,

Yes, I did know about the codecs, I'm trying to move from
Linux. IIRC after installing pc-bsd the codecs were already
installed. (i.e. no problem with codecs in the uk). If not
I would have installed them automatically. But I have the
same problem whether I install FreeBSD with this version or
with DesktopBSD. The problem is exactly the same. My
feeling is that it must be something to do with
configuration and rights or group membership, along those
lines, but haven't a clue really.

BTW, thanks for the suggestions.

--
the kneeling fool