[PC-BSD Support] PC-BSD Installation problems

Pierre Bauduin pierre at baudu.in
Tue Oct 30 09:18:18 PST 2007

Hello,

I had more or less the same problem some time ago. I first burned
PC-BSD 1.3on a CD-RW, I never was able to boot succesfully from it. I
first thought it
was the CD-ROM drive, but after replacing the CD-ROM drive, I still had the
same problem. Then I burned 1.3 on CD-R, it booted without any problems.
Same thing with PC-BSD 1.4, it boots, if it's burned on a CD-R.

Well, yes, maybe the solution is to burn the CD-RW in burn-at-once mode...
In my case I used the default options in k3b. In k3b it's DAO or TAO or RAW.
I suppose DAO is disc at once and TAO is track at once... ?

Greetings,
--
Pierre Bauduin