[PC-BSD Support] PC-BSD Installation problems

Gerard van Essen gvanessen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 06:33:20 PST 2007

I had this very same error coming up on my system over the weekend.

Not wanting to waste too many CDs I tend to burn ISOs on a CD-RW. However
this time I burned the PC-BSD 1.4 ISO as multi-session and not as
burn-at-once, which caused the problem.

So, please make sure:
you check the MD5 of the downloaded file (it should match the MD5 string on
the download page)
You burn the ISO to a CD-R or burn the ISO to a CD-RW as burn-at-once
session (burning at a lower speed decreases the chance of writing errors)
Your RAM is more than 256Mb

Cheers

Gerard
http://fbsd.wordpress.com