[PC-BSD Support] PC-BSD Installation problems

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Oct 30 05:57:40 PST 2007

I know you said you didn't want a reply on this, but for completeness
and accuracy, I'll post back to the list.

Anyway, I'm not sure where you tried to contact for help, this is the
first I've seen about this problem here. This issue can only be caused
by a few very select circumstances:

1. You don't meet the minimum requirements for PC-BSD 1.4. (256MB of RAM)

or

2. The CD image is corrupt, check the MD5 sum to confirm if you got a
good download.

or

3. The CD drive can't read the install image from the disk. (In this
case you probably would see a bunch of "acd0" read errors during the
bootup when it says "Copying setup image into memory... Please Wait.."