[PC-BSD Support] Bonjour printers

Florian Stinglmayr fstinglmayr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 02:36:24 PDT 2007

Ashley Moran wrote:
> Hi
>
> We've got two Macs at my house.  My mum's just bought a (WinXP)
> laptop which I reformatted for her with PCBSD 1.4.  No probs with
> internet etc, but I don't know how to print.  We have one printer (a
> Canon Pixma 4300) that is plugged into my stepdad's iMac downstairs,
> and shared with Bonjour.  I can print from my iMac upstairs as if it
> was a local printer.  I've been through all the printer types but
> can't find any reference to Bonjour/Zeroconf etc.  Is there any way
> to use this printer over the wireless link from the laptop?
>
> Thanks for any help
> Ashley

Hello Ashely,

The CUPS (Common Unix Print Software) server should be able to use
Bonjour printers since version 1.3. Try the normal KDE printer
configuration to install this remote printer. If it does not work as
expected you probably have to upgrade CUPS via the ports. But I am sorry
to inform you that I haven't found any documentation about it yet.

Regards,
Florian