[PC-BSD Support] 1.4.1. and still can't play dvd movies.

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Nov 26 11:45:51 PST 2007

I was able to get DVD's playing properly in Kaffeine here just fine.
You'll probably only need to tweak one or two things:

First, you need to install libdvdcss, which we do not ship by default,
due to copyright issues in the USA, but it may differ depending on where
you are living:

Try Kaffeine again, does it work?

If not, you may need to update the DVD / CD device in Kaffeine. Open
Kaffeine and go to settings -> Xine Engine Parameters -> Media

Change the dvd.device option from /dev/dvd to /dev/acd0 or acd1 or
whatever your real DVD device is :)