[PC-BSD Support] 1.4.1. and still can't play dvd movies.

the kneeling fool kneel.pardoe at virgin.net
Mon Nov 26 11:34:37 PST 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007, Terry Poulin wrote:
> My system is set up to play most every thing I've tried
> to play short of flash. Still Kaffeine failed to read one
> of my DVD's yesterday (Spaceballs) siting a problem
> reading the source off the DVD-ROM. Try playing it with
> kmplayer, worked for me ;-)
>
> However YMMV
>

> TerryP.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried mplayer and
its variant GUIs and still have problems and mplayer will
not play dvd menus so I have no navigation either. I've
always preferred Xine or Kaffeine for multimedia.

I have failed to get any BSD system I've installed to try
out to actually play a movie or play a music cd. I'm now at
a point that I'm thinking I'll have to go back to Linux
which I didn't really want to do. I'm still willing to try,
but don't expect to resolve this any longer.

I've asked here, on the DesktopBSD list and the FreeBSD list
and sadly gotten no help in addressing this. It does seem
most likely from what happens in trying to play multimedia
that it is a problem of location, but what I do not know
and don't know how to find out.

--
the kneeling fool

raw, holistic, natural diet for body and mind