[PC-BSD Support] Xorg 3d Ati Card

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Nov 26 11:18:58 PST 2007

Terry,

The open-source ATI driver is rather hit-n-miss on BSD or even Linux in
general. I have very basic 3d support here with my ATI 9600 Pro, but it
still won't run Compiz or anything advanced like that. However, I will
be updating driver in the OS from 6.6 to 6.7 here very shortly, which
may help your situation. That patch should be online by the end of the
week.