[PC-BSD Support] No password prompt

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Tue Nov 20 14:06:44 PST 2007

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 22:01:16 jesus fernandez wrote:
> Hi
> I recently had PCBSD 1.4 installed and running. I noticed that
> starting the computer gets  me straight to my (user) Desktop without
> asking for user and password.
> Is it a bug or should I configure anything else in order to be
> prompted for user and passwor? ( I could not find any commment on this
> topic in the forums)
> Thanks for your help
> Jes

Hi Jes,

The installer gives you an option to log the first user in automatically on
boot. This option is turned on by default. Looks like you either missed this
option, or forgot to deselect it.

You can reverse this behavior with the 'Login Manager'. This tool can be
accessed here:

KMenu -> Settings -> System Administration -> Login Manager

On the 'Users' tab of this tool, deselect the 'Enable Auto-Login' tickbox.

Regards,

--
Tim McCormick
PC-BSD Lead Developer