[PC-BSD Support] Maintenability

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Nov 2 11:52:03 PST 2007

Fernando,

The update from 1.4 -> 1.5 should be fairly painless, it will be done as
either an online update, or by running the install CD and choosing Upgrade.

Also, 1.4 should be supported with critical security updates for about 6
months after the 1.5 release, but of course users can update to 1.5 and
follow that branch for updates as well :)

Also, I don't think we had it written down on the web somewhere
explaining this policy, I'll see if we can get that put down somewhere
for you.

Thanks!