[PC-BSD Support] PC-BSD on HP Compaq 6720s

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Dec 18 13:05:28 PST 2007

Mike,

Thats strange that em0 wouldn't work on PC-BSD 1.4, but it does work on
6-STABLE, considering that PC-BSD 1.4 is built on 6-stable, although it
may be a bit older of a release.

Did you try updating to 1.4.1, or installing the 1.4.1 ISO's? That
release uses a bit newer codebase with FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE under the
hood.

As for the wifi card, which model Intel is it using? We'll have to see
if the iwi driver works with it, or else you may need to use ndisgen to
roll a new driver for it.