[PC-BSD Support] 1.4.1. and still can't play dvd movies.

the kneeling fool kneel.pardoe at virgin.net
Sat Dec 1 15:43:26 PST 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007, Kris Moore wrote:
> I was able to get DVD's playing properly in Kaffeine here
> just fine. You'll probably only need to tweak one or two
> things:
>
> First, you need to install libdvdcss, which we do not
> ship by default, due to copyright issues in the USA, but
> it may differ depending on where you are living:
>
> http://www.freshports.org/multimedia/libdvdcss/
>
> Try Kaffeine again, does it work?
>
> If not, you may need to update the DVD / CD device in
> Kaffeine. Open Kaffeine and go to settings -> Xine Engine
> Parameters -> Media
>
> Change the dvd.device option from /dev/dvd to /dev/acd0
> or acd1 or whatever your real DVD device is :)
>
> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

Hi Kris,

I have already installed libdvdcss and had these settings
but I did go and check to make sure, but the problem
remains as described. I have now lost booting of PCBSD due
to installing a linux that plays DVDs for me. Grub is the
boot manager, I have always had problems trying to get
other things to boot. Can you tell me what I should put in
GRUB to get PCBSD to boot so I can continue to try it out?

TIA.

--
the kneeling fool

raw, holistic, natural diet for body and mind