[PC-BSD Support] PC-BSD Not Ready for Primetime Yet

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Mon Aug 6 11:42:43 PDT 2007

Download ISO.  Burned.  Tried to install
overwriting XUbuntu.  Said it had overwritten
partitions.  Nope.  On install, every single
command showed an error message.  Went on
for about half an hour before I stopped it.

Ran DOS "fdisk /mbr" to kill all partitions.

Re-ran install.  Networking wouldn't config
automatically.  Tried Manual.  "/stand/sysinstall"
doesn't work.  "cd /usr/sbin; sysinstall" does.
PCBSD couldn't find Ethernet port on Asus M2NPV-VM.
XUbuntu did.  Windows did.

Oh well.  Guess I'll just reinstall Winblows.
Nice try anyway, guys.