[PC-BSD Public] [PC-BSD Announce] PC-BSD 10.0.1 Released

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Apr 28 02:01:24 PDT 2014

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014, Kris Moore wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:32:36
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
> To: announce at lists.pcbsd.org,
>     "testing at lists.pcbsd.org" <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>,
>     PC-BSD Developer List <dev at lists.pcbsd.org>
> Subject: [PC-BSD Announce] PC-BSD 10.0.1 Released
>

> The first PC-BSD 10.0 quarterly update is upon us, and 10.0.1 is now
> available.
>
> This update includes a number of important bugfixes, as well as newer
> packages and desktops, such as KDE 4.12.2, Cinnamon 2.0 and more. For
> more details and updating instructions, refer to the notes below.
>

> Changes
>
> * KDE 4.12.2
> * Cinnamon 2.0
> * Samba 4.1.4
> * Stability improvements to PBI subsystems
> * Updated GRUB loader, fixing issues related to slow / hanging startup
> * Updated AppCafe UI
> * Updates to Life-Preserver, including "Classic" backup mode and
> automatic snapshots
> * Updated control panel with desktop settings buttons
> * PulseAudio 5.0 integration
> * Improved Video display auto-detection
> * Bugfixes to mouse auto-detection
> * Improved LDAP / AD support for login manager
> * Misc other bugfixes
>

> Updating
>
> Desktop users already running 10.0 can update via Control Panel ->
> Package Manager -> Updates.
> Server users can update via the "pc-updatemanager" utility.
>
> If package updating fails due to conflict errors, please be sure to
> apply all system updates first before trying again.
>

> Installing
>
> 10.0.1 DVD/USB media can be downloaded from the following URL:
>
> http://www.pcbsd.org/en/download.html
>

> Reporting Bugs
>
> Found a bug in 10.0.1? Please report it (in as much detail as possible)
> to our Trac Database.
>
> https://trac.pcbsd.org
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

Hello.

I am not sure whether I should post this query on this "Public" list,
or, on the "Support" list.

The query is this; is a version of PC-BSD 10.1 available for the i386
architecture?

I have looked at the PC-BSD web site, and, at the downloads web page,
but the link with the label "our FTP server", in the text
"Looking for 32bit versions or legacy PC-BSD releases? You can find them
on our FTP server",
returns an empty page in a web browser, with no URL displayed, so it
does not easily show whether an i386 version is available for download.

If an i386 version is available, it would be convenient if it was
accessible, and findable(?) via a web browser.

Thank you in anticipation for your response.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."