[PC-BSD Public] help - UEFI bios seems to prevent install of either PCBSD 9.1 or 9.2

Eric Otto eric.otto.freebsd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 09:41:10 PST 2013

Hi!

I have an HP Envy DV6 7373ca (born on date: 02/13/2013) that originally had
Windows 8 on it. I wiped the 1 Tb hhd (almost 6 days to wipe using the 35
pass Guttman method, DBAN), enabled Legacy support in the bios and put the
dvd at the top of the boot order.

PCBSD 9.1 started to install normally, a bunch of lines scrolled past, then
I got a blank, black screen and nothing further happened.

PCBSD 9.2 displayed the graphical install screen, but installing gave a
blank, black window and nothing further happened.

HP support won't talk to me unless I have a Windows 8 problem.

Is there any way to get PCBSD to install on this laptop? It would be really
sad if I buy the hardware but only Microsoft owns it.

Cheers!
Eric