[PC-BSD Public] Building and installing in jails with IPv6 only (can, packages, phi)

Dave Cottlehuber dch at jsonified.com
Mon Nov 4 06:47:23 PST 2013

Hi,

Apologies if this isn’t the best list to send this to, enlightenment welcome, I’m new here.

It seems that many of the PCBSD services aren’t IPv6 accessible, the CDN in particular hates me:

`dig -6 -t AAAA pkg.cdn.pcbsd.org` & friends will come up blank.

I considered cheating and use something like sixxs.org to work around this, but either I’m doing it wrong, or this doesn’t work:

[root at lab] /usr/local/etc# cat pkg.conf
packagesite: http://pkg.cdn.pcbsd.org.sixxs.org/9.2-RELEASE/amd64
PUBKEY: /usr/local/etc/pkg-pubkey.cert
PKG_CACHEDIR: /usr/local/tmp
[root at lab] /usr/local/etc# pkg install git
Updating repository catalogue
pkg-static: No signature found in the repository.  Can not validate against /usr/local/etc/pkg-pubkey.cert key.
pkg-static: No digest falling back on legacy catalog format
pkg-static: No signature found in the repository.  Can not validate against /usr/local/etc/pkg-pubkey.cert key.
pkg: No packages matching 'git' has been found in the repositories
Updating repository catalogue
pkg: No signature found in the repository.  Can not validate against /usr/local/etc/pkg-pubkey.cert key.
pkg: No digest falling back on legacy catalog format
pkg: No signature found in the repository.  Can not validate against /usr/local/etc/pkg-pubkey.cert key.
[root at lab] /usr/local/etc#

What’s the best way to do what I want, which is:
- install pre-built PBI and Packages
- custom build some of my own from source

Clever ideas welcomed!

--
Dave Cottlehuber
Sent with Airmail