[PC-BSD Public] choosing java version

Pierre Goupil goupilpierre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 14:06:42 PDT 2013

I've tried tweaking /usr/local/etc/javavm_opts.conf and failed to have JDK
7 for all Java programs. If I issue "env JAVA_VERSION='1.7' java -version",
my PC-BSD 9.1 does tell that it's a JDK 7. But using env
JAVAVM_OPTS_JAVAVM_java='1.7' in the file you indicated me, or any other
things I've tried, java -version tells JDK 6.

That's annoying because I'd like every single Java process in my OS to use
JDK 7.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Kind regards,

Pierre

--
"Un truc bien avec la musique, c'est que quand elle te frappe, tu n'as pas
mal.

(Bob Marley : "Trenchtown Rock")