[PC-BSD Public] spam in trac + trac mailing list

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:12:16 PDT 2011

Hello..

The wiki gets its own vandals, but it also requires an email account during
registration.  I think the trac.pcbsd.org site ought to *require* an email
address also. Admins of the wiki can block offenders from edit access,
though it may be rudimentary (and/or imperfect). There isn't much reason to
allow potential for spam "bug" reports. Anything that would make it mildly
difficult for the offenders and/or offer *us* some level of control, would
help. It may also be useful if possible, to catch those spam "bug" reports
before they are sent out to subscribers.. whether it be a moderator delay or
some kind of AI that reads the report for excess off-topic content.

I'm posting here to avoid cluttering the trac list with a discussion
unrelated to the bugs that are the primary focus of that list.

Thanks for your time..